Nice to meet you!
I’m Rosanne. Ex-student, heart follower, both creative and chaotic mind. I hate doing dishes, love anything spontaneous and sometimes talk too much. But most importantly: I am pretty happy with my life right now!
Through my blog I want to inspire as many people as I can to feel happy, mindful and positive. Whether that means changing up your entire life or just enjoying the little things like your morning coffee and the sun on your skin. Any kind of happiness is a win-win situation for everyone!
About The Heart of the Matter
- The focal, central, or most important element of a topic, problem, or issue. (2015, Farlex Dictionary of Idioms)
I am always looking for The Reason Why. I see the challenge in a problem, because I love coming up with solutions. Problems are usually way too big and scary. So I try to strip them down to elements I can actually take on and fix. Usually little by little, and occasionally by taking a big leap. There are several accomplishments I am pretty proud of.
- I picked myself up again after going into a burnout. And I learnt from my mistakes.
- Part of my character goes by the name ADHD. But I still took on not one, but two university studies (not in the same time. I’m only human, and: ADHD). Because I decided that I could. I succeeded one and quit the other (and I am still happy with both end results).
- Something I usually forget but my friends think is pretty cool: I dare to follow my heart, even when that means a total career change or other scary things.
- Oh. and I share stuff. Call me crazy (trust me, people did) but everytime I do, I find out I am not the only one with… (insert anything here) and life becomes a little easier… Sharing is caring!
This is where I write about my ongoing adventure finding the heart of the matter in all parts of life.
Where this adventure started
Although people know me as positive, energetic and enthusiastic, there have been times when I had completely lost this. I have always felt different from my peers and classmates. Moreover, I also rarely hid my values and opinions which made me kind of unpopular on the playground, at an age where everyone tries to blend in. My educational career already felt like a struggle (more so study-wise than peer-wise) from the age of 12 and I became all the more stressed and sad throughout college.
Halfway through university I had completely lost my ‘happy’ and when I realized how far things had gone I had no idea how to change it. But more so, I had no intention of ever being this unhappy again. I sought help, talked, tried many things and got myself out of there. I learnt so much from the process and it remains a solid reminder of how important it is to be who you want to be instead of hiding or changing yourself.
So there it is. I write about the lessons I have learnt through my own adventures, failures and successes. The Heart of the Matter is there to inspire you to find out you what you want and need. To improve your own life in whatever way works best for you. By no means am I a perfect example, and that is exactly why I think we can all relate. I just want to be healthy, dare to dream big, accomplish enough of those dreams to be proud of myself while living a life I am happy with, every day.
Each day I am trying to live a conscious, sustainable life full of time and passion for the people and activities that I love. I want to learn, grow and share. And I want all those thing for you too! Follow me, be inspired and take (a little, or a lot of) action to live a life that is designed by you.